Friday, November 21, 2014

Finally Friday #13

Happy Friday!!  Before you know it, you're going to be stuffing yourself with turkey and pumpkin pie.  Until then, I've got a few interesting reads for your weekend.  Cheers!


NPR Part 1 in 4 Series on Common Core Reading
This article kind of comes full circle and I like the underlying debate on both sides of the CCSS.  Interesting read.  All parts (1-4) have been released now, but here's the starting point.


Apartment Therapy
...because my inner girl-power cheerleader is always looking for classroom books that are empowering for girls.


{Children's Brains Reorganize When They are Learning Math Skills}
Southeast Missourian
Interesting read/study about why we can recall math facts faster the more we practice- and drilling may actually be helpful!  Possibly a good read for parents come conference time...?


{Who Smart Learners Stay Smart: 16 ways to stay on the cutting edge}
Forbes Magazine
For both students and parents/teachers/all adults.  I also really like the tag line "smart learners"- I feel like I say "good readers" and "good writers" all the time, but I think I like the idea of "smart learners" better.

Here are the incredible things I've been pinning:



A collection of general school ideas.

Links for tools, ideas, tricks, information and resources to help you teach.

In case you want it all and you want it delivered.  Here it is.




A weekly infographic to get you thinking.

How to have an effect on student achievement- interesting infographic found at Visible Learning.  Really cool website about education if you're into the nerdy stuff like I am.  Check it out in it's full glory without trying to get a microscope out to read it here.

Educational Infographic for Osiris Educational and Visible Learning with John Hattie




            

No comments:

Post a Comment