Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Liebster Award

Thank you, fellow bloggers, for recognizing me and sending me "nominations" for the Liebster Award.  I had no idea what it was.  I might still be a little confused.  It's like an award chain letter, or so it seems.  Here's the {lowdown on the origin} from Sopphey.  Who is this Liebster, anyway?


I am going to unofficially accept.  I read somewhere that I could do that.  Or maybe I made it up.  I'm not sure.  To officially accept my Liebster Award, I'm supposed to answer each nominator's questions, provide 11 (why 11?  I don't know) random facts about myself, and then nominate 5(ish) other blogs with under 200 followers.  By unofficially accepting, I'm going to answer my questions, but everyone that I would nominate has been nominated by someone else recently and already posted their answers, so I'm not going to go and make them do it all over again.  Don't be mad at me.  I really, really appreciate my nominations, and have enjoyed reading about everyone else's responses to their nominations.  Plus, I think there are some fabulous bloggers out there, but summer is winding down for many and getting busier by the second.  

I've been nominated by these fabulous bloggers. 
Hop over to their little corner of the internet and check them out! 


Prepare yourself.  This will be a lot of words and information about me.  If you want to skip it and come back later, I would understand and not be offended.  

Questions from Down the Hall in 3rd:
1.  Why did you decide to become a teacher?  I don't have "one reason".  I just always thought it would be a fun job and I love it!
2.  What is your favorite subject to teach, and why? Math/Science- they are so hands-on!
3.  What is your favorite classroom tool or supply?   Probably my computer... and Flair pens.
4.  What item could you not teach without?   My computer!
5.  What is your favorite read-aloud?  Holes by Louis Sachar.  Love.It.
6.  Do you have a theme for your classroom?  If so, what is it?    Nope!  
7.  What is your favorite meal?  I love food.  No favorite!
8.  What piece of advice would you offer to a first year teacher?   Keep up on education news and best practices- it's ok to scrap something you used to do and swap it for something else.  
9.  When do you start back to school?  Teachers report next Friday.  Oh my.
10.  How long does it take you to set up your classroom each year?  I like to go in a week before teachers report in order to get my room physically set up before everyone else shows up.  That way I can chat without feeling guilty!

11.  Did you (or will you) take a summer vacation?  Where did you go?  I will be in Seattle later this week, but this summer I've also been to Des Moines, Omaha, and Chicago.

Questions from Fluent in 4th:
1. If you could choose any 2 consecutive months of the year to have your "summer" break which months would you choose?   I'd keep it as it is- June and July
2. If you could take your class on a field trip to anywhere in the world where would you go?   Ohhh...I'd take them all over the world!
3. If you weren't a teacher what would you be?   Interior designer...?  I don't know!
4. If you have a day all to yourself what is your favorite way to spend it?   I'd be reading a book or out shopping
5. What is your favorite food?  Love food- no favorite!
6. If you were stuck on an island and could only have 3 items with you what would they be?  phone, computer, sunblock
7. What is your favorite vacation spot?  anywhere warm
8. Do you have any pets?  Nope!
9. Do you prefer the mountains or the beach?   Beach!
10. What is your favorite tv show?  Castle
11. What book have you read recently that you would recommend?   Just finished Time of My Life by Cecilia Ahern and got a kick out of it.

Questions from Cute in the Classroom:
1. What made you want to be a teacher?  I loved my teachers growing up and thought they had the coolest job
2. What keeps you being a teacher?  Probably the kids- I just love it!
3. Why did you start blogging?  My coworkers thought I should give it a try and I crumbled under the peer pressure...
4. What is your favorite book?  I have 3: The Great Gatsby, The Book Thief, and Holes
5. What is at the top of your wishlist for your classroom right now?  hmmm I'm sitting pretty good right now
6. Your favorite store or website for teaching supplies?  I don't have a favorite- I like to shop around and find the best deal.
7. What is your favorite subject to teach?  Math and Science (see above)
8. If you weren't a teacher, what would you do?  (see above)
9. Something you bought this summer for your classroom?  composition notebooks and folders
10. Who is your favorite TPT seller or blogger to read or follow?  Miss Nannini at Young Teacher Love is one of my favs
11. What advice would you give a first year teacher? (see above)



Thank you to Hannah, Lisa, and Jana for nominating me!  


No comments:

Post a Comment