Friday, March 14, 2014

It's Finally Friday (1st Edition)

friday
I can't find a source for this.  Sorry.
I'm terrible about weekly posts.  I have a horrible time linking up with people and keeping up with a set blogging schedule.  But in an effort to do better, and also to stop stockpiling emails to myself with links to articles I thought were interesting, here are a few things I hope to start posting each week.  Nothing big and crazy- just a quick weekly wrap-up with some fast info.  Maybe read this on Saturdays because Fridays are busy and you should be at happy hour. 


So here's my first Finally Friday.  Congratulations on making it to the end of the week!



CBS News
This is depressing.  Yes, I teach here.

CBS News
This is just heartwarming.  It's important to be professional in every job, and I just love this story!

Lawrence Journal World
No surprise here.  Stay active- both students AND teachers!

CNN
Thoughts?

Wall Street Journal 
(you may need a subscription to read this- or it may let you read as a trial)



Here are the incredible things I've been pinning:

A collection of general school ideas.

Links for tools, ideas, tricks, information and resources to help you teach.

{All My Boards}
In case you want it all and you want it delivered.  Here it is.




A weekly infographic to get you thinking.
(click the picture to visit the source)

Great teachers make a significant difference is the lives of students and the impact lasts long after they leave the classroom. The following infographic provides interesting facts from the research on how effective teachers impact the lives of students and quotes from successful individuals who credit their teachers for helping them achieve their dreams.



            

No comments:

Post a Comment