Friday, April 25, 2014

Finally Friday #7 {STEAM Education}

A little late getting this up, but hey, it's still Friday, so it's all good.  I also got a little carried away when I started listing all the websites I've been scouring... So here's your FF#7!!  Fridays are busy but if you read this, you'll have something to talk about at happy hour.

It's about to get STEAMy...


I have read a lot this week about {STEAM Education}, so I decided to devote this week's Finally Friday to various articles (along with things I've pinned and an appy infographic) I've come across about it.  They are all similar in that they are describing how it's a growing educational framework.  I wouldn't say this is necessarily a new initiative, but there has been a bit of buzz around it in the past month.  Here we go...full STEAM ahead!


First...what is {STEAM Education}?
Science/Technology/Engineering/Arts/Mathematics

The Christian Science Monitor


EdTech Magazine


If you're feeling Appy:
eSchool News
(also check out below for 60 STEAM Ed Apps)


This site from Education Closet's STEAM Portal is awesome...check it out!

what is steam

{STEM to STEAM} from Rhode Island's University of Design is pushing this initiative. 

US News



Here are the incredible things I've been pinning:

A collection of general school ideas.

Links for tools, ideas, tricks, information and resources to help you teach.

{All My Boards}
In case you want it all and you want it delivered.  Here it is.

or check out my new {STEM/STEAM Board} that I started this week.



A weekly infographic to get you thinking.

We Are Teachers:
60 Apps for Teaching STEAM ≈ ≈ For more STEM to STEAM pins: http://pinterest.com/kinderooacademy/steam-in-early-education/


            

No comments:

Post a Comment