Sunday, December 14, 2014

Winter BB|Art Display

Woah.  This month is cruising right by me!  It's the best time of year because there is so much to do, so many great treats to eat, and people to visit.  December means holiday lights and I can't get enough of them. I want to put them everywhere!  I tried to figure out how I could use them without being Christmas-y, so I opted for white lights along the bottom as "snow".  Just doing my job to keep our hallway happy and festive year-round!


Snowflakes courtesy of my hoarding and shamelessly asking retail stores for their displays after they are finished with them... I also have them in red, and I use them every year because I love them!

My challenge this year is that I don't have bulletin boards...I have bulletin board walls.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again, these walls are amazing and also really tricky.  This year I'm sticking to student art work for the hallway rather than displaying other student work (writing, math activities, etc.).  Our boards (walls?) are behind the computer tables and they are just difficult enough to get to that I don't want to change them constantly.  If I stick to student art work, it stays looking lovely for a longer period of time and I can change them more seasonally.  I keep the work in my room on constant rotation, so I don't feel bad about it.

Our Art docents came in and had the kids do a neat painting activity based on Klimpt's 'Tree of Life' artwork.  It was gold paint on black paper, and then they put sequins on it to glam it up.

Individually, I kind of thought "eh", but all together I really love them.  Don't get me wrong, I think they each did a wonderful job on their artwork.  I just like them better together.


Frosty greets us at the door every morning, and he's the perfect addition to our winter tree and lights display.  

I figure I can leave this up until at least February...right?


            

No comments:

Post a Comment