Saturday, January 31, 2015

Currently Making Love Bugs: It's all about kindness

Happy February + Super Bowl Sunday!  

I'm busy prepping my Love Bugs for our kindness writing assignment!  Fruit cups were on sale this week, so I went ahead and stocked up so I'm ready to go.  This is one of my favorite activities all year.  I'm toying with the idea of having the kids make their own "you've been bit" cards to hand to someone when they do a good deed.  Then that person could pass it on when they do a good deed, and it would be like the butterfly effect.  I don't know yet.  Then again, I could just print off more of the labels I put on the fruit cups, but what's the fun in that?  


I already grabbed white bags and made my Cricut cut a bunch of hearts for decorating.  Maybe I'll make more using the die-cuts at school.  Our window clings are up.  I'm ready.  I'm a couple weeks early for the party, but still, I'm ready.  

So now that I'm getting all prepped for month number TWO this year, here's what I'm currently up to...


I actually filled this out right now {Saturday evening}, but it's technically February on the East Coast so it's all good.  I'm super excited about some itty bitty additions to my blog (see above tabs!).  I am forcing myself to figure all this blog building stuff out on my own (that's why it doesn't look QUITE as professional as all the others!) because it's making me learn something new.  I could probably learn more if I took a class or something, but oh well.  So... check out my fancy new tabs!  Woohoo!

Lots of productivity happening this weekend.  Most of it occurring on the computer via TeachersPayTeachers and The Blog, but I went to the grocery store, too.  

I should get some things prepped before I head to watch the Super Bowl!  It's on my list of to-dos.  

...and I'll be honest, I am not a pageant type of lady and had no idea what a "pageant title" would be, so instead I took this quiz and it told me I was "Most Talented".  It told me that.  I didn't make it up.

See what all the other teacher bloggers are up to over on Farley's link up!  Happy Sunday!  Go Hawks!






            

9 comments:

  1. Those fruitcups are ridiculously cute!!! I am so happy to meet another 4th grade teacher. I love your positivity!
    Happy Febs!
    Layla
    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Layla! It's probably one of my favorite activities of the year... :-)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely adore those little love bugs!! How cute?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing a great job on your blog design- I tried, but finally gave up when nothing worked the way I wanted it to. Glad you had a productive day- something I need to work on!
    Kim
    Curriculum and Crayons

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! It's not fancy, but it works and I did it myself! :-)

      Delete
  4. I love love love boots! Last year I got a pair of Frye boots and even though they were expensive, they have held up so nicely! Melissa from Mrs. Dailey's Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had to stop by and say how much I L.O.V.E. your blog title! I love reinforcing the power of kindness in the classroom- it's SO important!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those love bugs! So cute and unique. I also think the idea of having the kids pass out "You've been bit" cards would be a wonderful way to teach Random Acts of Kindness. Thanks for sharing!

    Teaching Momster

    ReplyDelete