I searched for a little inspiration, and found these adorable hearts. However, I had to make the art project fit into our curriculum so I simplified the art part and stepped up the math just a tad. Gotta teach those standards, ya know?
I got busy and pre-cut squares of cardstock and went ahead and traced the heart on each paper ahead of time as a time saver (and because as anticipated, I had students that said things related to "I stink at making hearts!").
We made our lines together- my instructions being that we would make FIVE lines TOTAL. Two lines that go completely across the page, and three lines that start at one line and go wherever you want it to go.
Then we got measuring. I was actually really glad we did this activity because we were so used to measuring one lonely angle that when there were a bunch of angles some students had a hard time locating what to measure. It was a good lesson in how angles are all over the place and aren't just two lonely rays connecting in the middle of nowhere.
Students filled in any non-angle sections with random colors of their choice. I loved this as a culminating activity! Plus our hallway is pretty cheerful now.
The Michael's Valentine's Day sale got the best of me and I ended up with a package of Valentine's Day scrapbook cardstock, which I told my Cricut to cut into large hearts to add in between our artwork in the hallway display. It was a weak moment for me, but I was happy with out it turned out.